Hi and Hello from Namche Bazaar (3500m/11500ft).
Now getting cold, ds morning it was 5C, will be colder as we go up - we're estimating our hicamp in d first climb to be at -15C.
I'm techno-loaded this time, with satfon in my pocket, and videocam in my beltbag, camera in my pack, etc. I sure do hope I get good footages of the place, and the climb.
We did a short acclimatization hike today (spending another nite here), then move to Tengboche tomorrow. We expect to summit the 21000ft snow mountain around Mar16, depending on d weather and health conditions.
I'll do another email update when I get back to Namche around Mar21-22, this is where I will wait for my main team.
So far all is well, wish us luck in the first climb. "LA" (co-climber) is worried daw, kuno, altho I'm 100% sure he'll make it, bka ako pa lagnatin as I can see he adapts faster at hi-alt. We met 2 climbers yesterday, they've stayed 3 days in Namche and 1 is still feeling sick. So i guess we're doing good, so far. Hehe, wag lang sana hagdanan-type ung trails coz both of us have knee issues hahaha, talk about getting old ;p
I'll do a satfon update after the first climb, then email update around Mar21-22. I'm still figuring out how to post digi-pix here, I only know Picasa - smtg i only have in my laptop.
Lastly, pls ask your friends to help in the fund-raising, hopefully we get a big and significant charity fund.
Til the next update...
Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com